What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening involves bleaching your teeth to make them lighter in color. Teeth whitening may not make your teeth whiter, but it can lighten the existing color by several shades.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures, offering an affordable way to have a bright smile. Teeth whitening processes can be arranged according to every budget and availability.
Who can do teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is originally in the field of dentistry and is only possible with the intervention of a specialist dentist. Some beauty salons also offer teeth whitening services. However, this practice is illegal and extremely harmful to your oral health. At-home teeth whitening kits also carry various risks and endanger your dental health.
Teeth whitening is carried out with care by specialist dentists at ABAY DENTAL CENTER and no substances that may be unhealthy for your teeth are used.
Is teeth whitening permanent?
Teeth whitening is not permanent. Its effect can last from a few months to 3 years. This period varies from person to person.
The effectiveness of teeth whitening declines with the consumption of drinks such as tea, coffee, and red wine, which can stain your teeth
Who should whiten their teeth?
Teeth whitening sometimes becomes a necessity. Teeth should be whitened, especially if the teeth turn yellow. Tooth yellowing can occur due to:
- Genetic disposition
- Some drugs
- Lifestyle habits (including drinking coffee or soda and smoking)
Teeth whitening is not suitable for people with dental implants or veneers. Teeth whitening is applied only to natural teeth.
At ABAY DENTAL CENTER, you can discuss with our specialist dentists which type of whitening might be better for you. For your dental and oral health, try to stay away from home kits and consult a specialist dentist.
Are there any side effects of teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening can have some side effects. These effects are usually not long-lasting, but sometimes the continued use of bleach with peroxides or abrasives can have dire consequences.
The side effects of teeth whitening are as follows:
- Gum burns and irritation: This problem is usually caused by using a home teeth whitening kit. In clinics, this problem can be prevented by completely closing the gums before treatment. Gum burns and irritations are usually mild and temporary.
- Gum whitening: Gums may lose their color by whitening for a short time.
- Gastrointestinal irritation or distress: If you swallow a whitening product, you may experience a burning sensation in your throat or a mild stomachache.
- Damage to tooth enamel: Any whitener with strong abrasives can create surface grooves on teeth and thinning enamel.
At ABAY DENTAL CENTER, our patients are informed in detail about the process after teeth whitening under the guidance of our expert dentists. Necessary measures are taken to avoid a problem, but in case of any pain, burning, or hypersensitivity, our dentists are ready for emergency intervention.